There shall be two categories of membership in the national body of Egbe Omo Yoruba.
First, membership may be obtained through membership in a local city chapter of the Association. A chapter shall be defined as a pan-Yoruba association in a specific locality.
Second, membership may also be obtained directly in the national body of the Egbe Omo Yoruba on an individual basis by a Yoruba indigene who lives in a locality that has no viable chapter.
ELECTION AND VOTING
- To be eligible for office, members in good standing shall make all nominations to a national office. The nomination of a member of a local chapter shall be endorsed by his or her chapter, provided that to be eligible for nomination of candidates and for voting, a chapter must have been in good standing for at least six months. The nomination of a member who has no chapter shall be endorsed by at least 10 other members who also have no chapter, provided that individual members may not vote for candidates.
- All national executive positions shall be contested every two years at the National Convention.
- All members nominated to offices must have fulfilled their financial obligations to the organization up to the time of election.
- Before any member can be elected to the executive committee, he or she must be an active member in good standing financially.
- Through a process of elimination, officers shall be voted for until two candidates emerge. To secure an office, candidates must get the majority of the votes cast.
- Election of officials shall take place by secret ballot.
- No member shall run or be voted for an office in absentia.